Many high-end smart TV features can be added to TVs that aren’t smart with the Amazon Firestick. But sometimes people have trouble with the remote for the device. To fix these problems, one easy thing you can do is reset your remote. But how do you do these things?
Unplug the newest Fire Stick for a minute and then hold down the left, menu, and back buttons for 12 seconds to restart it. Take the batteries out of the remote and plug in your Fire Stick for one more minute. After that, press the home button and put the batteries back in.
What you need to do to reset your Fire Stick remote depends on what type of remote you have. After following the steps above, you should have the newest Alexa Voice Remote. But what if you have an older Firestick remote? To help you learn how to reset any Firestick remote, let’s talk about this subject in more depth.
What Causes a Firestick Remote to Stop Working?
For the Fire Stick remote, there are four very common problems that can make it stop working completely. Dead batteries, signal confusion, a remote that isn’t paired, and hardware problems are what these are. We’ll talk about each of these problems and how to fix them.
Low or dead batteries are one of the most common reasons a Fire Stick remote won’t work. If the batteries are low or dead, the remote won’t work because it needs power to work. People can take out the batteries and try again to fix this problem.
Interference with the signal is another common reason why remotes don’t work. This can happen if there are other electronic devices nearby or if there are physical hurdles between the remote and the Fire Stick.
People who are having this problem can move closer to the Fire Stick, get rid of any physical obstacles, or try turning off any other electronics.
Remote is Unpaired
The remote and the Fire Stick can sometimes lose their connection. This could happen if you restart the Fire Stick or connect the remote to another device. People can fix this problem by following the steps in the Firestick menu to re-pair the remote with the stick.
Finally, problems with the technology can also make the Fire Stick remote stop working. This could happen if the remote is broken or if there are problems inside the device. In this case, users might need to get a new key or get help from a professional.
How to Reset Your Firestick Remote?
Before we start, there are three different ways to do this based on the model of Fire Stick remote you have. There’s the normal remote, the Alexa Voice remote, and the brand-new Alexa Voice remote. Let’s look at how to restart each of these remotes.
Resetting the Basic Firestick Remote
The only Fire Stick remote that doesn’t have a microphone on top so you can talk to Alexa is the basic one. If your remote doesn’t have a small hole at the top of the front, it’s quite simple. This is all you need to do to reset a simple remote:
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Hold down the Home button and press the Menu button three times.
- Press the Menu button nine times after letting go of the Home button.
- First, take the batteries out of your remote. Next, unplug your Fire Stick for at least one minute.
- Reconnect the Fire Stick and put the remote’s batteries back in.
- While the Fire Stick is on, hold down the Home button on the remote until they connect.
- Resetting the Alexa Voice Firestick Remote (Original Model)
The first Alexa Voice remote has a microphone hole at the very top so that you can talk to Alexa. There is a microphone button, a circle pad, and six buttons below that on this remote. Just follow these easy steps to reset this remote:
- Pull the Fire Stick out of the wall for at least one minute to turn it off fully.
- Hold down the Menu button and the left button on the circle pad for at least 12 seconds.
- Wait about five seconds after you let go of the buttons.
- Just take out the batteries from your control.
- Keep the Fire Stick plugged in for at least one minute.
- To get the remote to work again, put the batteries back in and press the home button.
Resetting the Alexa Voice Firestick Remote (New Model)
Newer versions of the Alexa Voice remote (as well as the Alexa Voice Remote Lite) will include all Firestick remotes that we haven’t covered yet. All-new Alexa Voice Remotes have a button that looks like an old antenna TV (older remotes don’t have this). To reset a newer Alexa Voice Remote, just follow these steps:
- Unplug the Firestick itself for at least a minute so that it completely shuts down.
- Press and hold the left button on the circle pad, as well as the back button, the home button, and the menu button for at least 12 seconds. (These are the three buttons directly below the circle pad).
- Release all the buttons and then wait for around 5 seconds.
- Take the batteries out of your Firestick remote.
- Plug the Firestick back in and wait at least 60 seconds.
- Put the batteries back into the remote and press the home button to reconnect it to your Firestick.
Fire Remote Troubleshooting Tips
There are a few things you can try to fix problems with the Fire Stick before calling Amazon’s customer service.
1. Make sure your Fire Stick is properly hooked up to your TV and a power source. As well as making sure the power cord is properly plugged in and getting power, make sure the HDMI cable is firmly connected to both the Fire Stick and your TV. If you plug your Fire Stick into a different outlet or use a different power line, it should get power.
2. Restart your Fire Stick if it’s fully connected but not working. First, unplug the Fire Stick. Then, wait a moment and then plug it back in. This will restart everything on the Fire Stick, which should fix your problem.
3. If turning the Fire Stick off and on again doesn’t help, try clearing the cache. Go to the Fire Stick’s settings, then Applications, and then Manage Installed Applications to do this. To fix the problem, find the app, click on it, and then click on Clear Cache. If you’re not sure which app is the problem, you might want to delete all of them.
4. Try putting the Fire Stick back to its original settings if the steps above don’t work. Head to the Fire Stick’s settings, pick System, then Reset to Factory Defaults. Finally, pick Reset. This will remove everything on the Fire Stick and set it back to how it was when it was first made.
Fifth, if none of these steps fix the problem, your Firestick may have a physical issue. At this point, we suggest that you get in touch with Amazon’s customer service for more help.
What are Some Good Remotes that You Can Use Instead of a Fire Stick?
However, the Firestick remote is great, but it’s not always the easiest thing to use, especially if you lose or break it. There are a lot of other ways to control your Fire Stick, which is good news.
Many people choose to use their phone as a remote tool. The “Amazon Fire TV” app from Amazon lets you use your phone as a remote. It’s as easy as downloading the app and linking it to your Fire Stick. The app works on both iOS and Android.
You could also use a universal control. You can set these remotes, like this Kassionel remote (on Amazon), to work with more than one device, like your Fire Stick. It’s easy to get to your favorite shows and movies with many general remotes that have buttons just for Netflix and Hulu.
For speech control, if you have an Amazon Echo, you can use it to control your Fire Stick. Using speech commands, you can move around on your Fire Stick after connecting it to your Echo. You should choose this if you already have an Echo and like to use voice prompts.