To find the SIM tray, locate your model below. Put a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool in the hole next to the SIM tray to make it pop open. Push inwards toward the iPhone without squeezing it. If you’re experiencing problems ejecting the SIM tray, take your device to your carrier or an Apple Store for help.
Observe the notch in the corner of the new SIM card after removing your old one from the tray. The new SIM card should be inserted into the tray; due to the notch, it will only fit one way. After that, fully reinstall the tray in the gadget in the same position from which you removed it. The tray only fits one way as well.
How to Take Out the SIM Card from an iPad or iPhone
Let’s look at how to actually remove the SIM card from an iPhone or iPad now that we have the equipment needed to do so and that we are aware of where the SIM tray is on the iOS device.
- Use one hand to hold the metal paperclip or the Apple SIM ejection tool.
- Put no pressure on the tool as you slowly and carefully put it into the SIM card slot.
- Make sure the PIN is being pushed straight inside and not at an angle as you gently press down on it.
- The SIM card tray emerges from the slot with a little strain.
- With your fingers, slowly remove the SIM card tray from the slot.
- The SIM card should now be added, removed, or switched out in the SIM card tray.
You don’t need the SIM ejector tool to reinstall the SIM card tray into an iPhone or iPad. Simply set the SIM card in the proper orientation on the SIM tray, then put the tray back into the SIM slot and give it a light push.
Don’t ever use excessive pressure or force. Both when removing the SIM card from the iPhone or iPad and when placing a SIM card into the SIM slot of your iOS device, you must always apply light pressure.
SIM Card Insertion on an iPhone XR
If you’ve just received your new iPhone XR and need to put a SIM card in it, follow these instructions to do it properly:
- Once more, confirm that the phone is turned off.
- Open the SIM card tray when the phone is off by placing the included SIM eject tool or paperclip into the slot on the SIM card tray, which is situated on the right edge of the phone.
- Pull out the SIM card tray after gently pushing the SIM eject tool or paperclip to unlock it.
- Prepare your SIM card.
- The SIM card should then be inserted or placed into the SIM card tray with the gold contacts facing up and the bottom bearing the logo of your carrier and SIM card number.
- After locking the SIM card back into position, insert it and secure it by pressing down on the SIM card slot.
Place the two nano-SIM cards in the SIM tray and fully reinstall it into the phone in the same position as before. However, the tray only fits one way, so you’ll be able to see if it’s in the proper position or not.
The iPhone XR includes dual-SIM functionality, just like the iPhone XS and XS Max. Consequently, it can store both an electronic SIM card and a physical nano-SIM card (eSIM). This means that you can use two distinct phone numbers on the same iPhone to make calls and send texts. Contact your carrier or service provider for further details on how eSIM operates and how to sign up for it.
Additionally, it is strongly advised against altering or modifying SIM cards because doing so could result in long-term damage. If required, you can request a replacement SIM card from your carrier.
I hope this tutorial has been useful to you in some way. By sharing this post with your friends or other people who might be experiencing a similar issue, you can help us spread the news. Gratitude for reading!