It’s a Snapchat filter that entirely removes your beard, and it’s the latest TikTok sensation.
If you haven’t tried the “no beard” filter that everyone on TikTok is using, you should — assuming you have a beard, of course. This isn’t going to work for the beardless. TikTok users are uploading videos of themselves showing their significant others their “no beard” look, and the reactions are priceless.
If you haven’t already seen this trend, go to TikTok and look up “no beard filter,” which has over 100 million views. The majority of the videos begin with the person covering their mouth with their hand, then moving it away to reveal the results. Some people have noticed that the filter gives their faces a little more roundness. It’s worth noting that the filter appears to work best on those with shorter beards, so if your beard is several inches long, it’s probable that the hair below your chin will still be visible.
You might be surprised to see what’s on the other side of that filter if you haven’t seen yourself with a clean-shaven look in a long time. It’s worth noting, though, that while the videos are popular on TikTok, they were generated using a Snapchat filter and then uploaded to TikTok. Here’s how to use Snapchat’s #nobeardfilter and get your video seen.
Locating and using the no beard filter on Snapchat
1. Select the Face icon in the Snapchat app on your phone.
2. On the lower right side of the screen, tap the Explore button.
3. Type No beard into the search bar, then tap the first icon that appears.
4. You can either take a picture without a beard or record a video to email to someone or upload it to TikTok from here.
5. Tap the Download option in the lower-left corner of the screen to save the photo or video.
How to upload your video to TikTok
1. Select the Plus symbol in the TikTok app on your phone.
2. Tap Upload and choose the Snapchat video you saved.
3. Next, add any sounds, effects, or text you want. Next should be tapped once more.
4. Add the hashtag #nobeardfilter to the next screen so that anyone looking for these films can find yours.
5. Tap Post when you’re finished.
That concludes our discussion. Now you can show the world — or just your friends — how you look without a beard. Here’s how to utilize TikTok, from gaining more followers to going live, if you’re new to this particular world of social video.