Among his many musical accomplishments, Nick Carter is best known for his time spent as a member of the American boy band The Backstreet Boys. He joined the band when he was only 13 years old and quickly rose to become one of its most prominent members.
He started off performing with the band and has since gone on to enjoy a fruitful solo career. Most will agree that he is one of the most important musicians of all time, whether you know him from his days in a popular boy band or from his solo work in subsequent years.
If you’re curious about Nick Carter, keep reading!
1. Starting his career at age 12, Nick Carter became the youngest member of the legendary boy band Backstreet Boys and a global pop superstar.
2. Although Carter is best known for his boyish good looks and heartthrob status, his 22-year career in the entertainment industry has included roles in television, cinema, philanthropy, and writing, among other things.
3. Carter has recently collaborated with a fellow member of the 90s boy band craze New Kids on the Block, Jordan Knight, on a new record project titled Nick & Knight.
4. I Heart Nick Carter, a reality show on VH1, premiered in 2014 and followed Nick as he prepared for his wedding to longtime girlfriend Lauren Kitt.
5. Carter, a prominent member of the Backstreet Boys, has been recognized as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People Magazine, the “most gorgeous celebrity on the earth” by E! Online, and “The Biggest Teen Idol” by Teen People Magazine.
6. Since their worldwide debut in 1995, the Backstreet Boys have sold over 130 million records, been nominated for five Grammy Awards, and won dozens of other honors, including a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, an MTV Video Music Award, an American Music Award, a People’s Choice Award, and a Video Music Award.
7. The Backstreet Boys have completed multiple world tours, released eight studio albums, and broken numerous milestones, including the record for most albums sold in the United States in a single year with the sale of almost 11 million copies of their third studio album, Millennium, in 1999.
8. Now or Never, Nick’s first solo album was released in 2002 by Jive Records. It debuted at #17 on the Billboard 200 and was certified Gold in the United States, Japan, and Canada.
9. Remaking the classic horror film Sleepy Hollow, Carter made his first foray into the horror genre with 2004’s The Hollow.
10. The film’s producer, Dan Levin, called Carter a “natural,” and he was cast in the starring role opposite Kaley Cuoco of The Big Bang Theory.
11. In addition to the aforementioned roles, Nick has also made cameo appearances on television shows like the CW Network’s revival of 90210.
12. Carter and the rest of Backstreet Boy released their fifth studio album, Never Gone, in 2005. The album went platinum in the United States and Canada and double platinum in Japan. The album’s popular single, “Incomplete,” helped it reach the Top 10 in 15 countries.
13. Carter is still dealing with his drug and alcohol misuse problems, as he admitted in 2013. After being told he had cardiomyopathy and faced with the possibility of death, he says he made the decision to get sober and alter his life accordingly.
14. A friend and fellow Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson is credited by the singer for handing him the book Why Some Positive Thinkers Get Powerful Results by Norman Vincent Peale, which he says changed his life.
15. He changed his habits for the better after reading a book, 15 “Exercising helped me feel better about myself and allowed me to put other concerns out of my mind. Since I stopped drinking and ditched the parties, I’ve had more time for other, more constructive pursuits, like sports and video games.”
16. He became a teen idol in the late ’90s and early ’00s.
17. Nickolas Gene Carter’s mother, Jane Elizabeth (née Spaulding), and his father, Robert Gene Carter, opened a pub named the Yankee Rebel in Jamestown, New York, when he was 18 years old.
Read More: 10 Interesting Facts About Emma Watson.!
18. Carter, along with the rest of the Backstreet Boys, made their film debut in 2013’s comedy This Is the End. Among the organizations he’s collaborated with are UNEP and the Coral Reef Action Network (ICRAN).