As a new Instagram user, you may be unsure about how to get started. Facebook (Instagram’s parent company) is pleased to facilitate your social life. There are several methods for tracking down individuals.
Using Your iPhone or iPad to Browse Instagram for Contacts
If you’re looking to expand your Instagram network, you can import your phone’s contact list or your Facebook friends’ lists. Step-by-step instructions:
- Switch on the Instagram program.
- To access your “Profile” page, click the profile picture.
- Use the hamburger menu to access “Discover People.”
- Select the Facebook or Contacts connection method by tapping the corresponding button.
- You have the option of doing either one now or switching to the other option and doing everything again later.
- You can start syncing your contacts immediately by clicking “Allow Access” in the alert window.
- Please keep in mind that the Search feature might help you locate even more individuals. You can use the “magnifying glass” icon in the upper right corner to look for specific users by entering their usernames, location, or tags. In case you’re looking for a new person to follow, just click the “Search” tab and browse the available profiles.
An Android User’s Guide to Locating Friends on Instagram
- You can import your Google Contacts and Facebook Friends lists into Instagram if you’re just getting started, returning to Instagram, or creating a new profile. Try not to fret. However, adding them to your “Following” list will not occur automatically. For those of you using Android, here’s how to link your Google Contacts and Facebook Friends with Instagram.
- Launch the Instagram app on your Android device and navigate to the Profile page by tapping the “profile icon” located in the app’s bottom right corner.
- Use the “See All” button under “Discover People.”
- Start by selecting “Connect Contacts” from the menu. Select “Connect with Facebook” and move on to “Step 6” as an alternative.
- Use the “Allow Access” button to grant access to your contacts.
- Once you’ve synced Instagram with your Google or iOS Contacts, you can start exploring “Top Suggestions” at the top of the list, or dive into “Most Mutual Connections” below.
Using either the “Follow” button or, for added security, the “profile” button, select the user you wish to add and then tap the “Follow” button on their Instagram profile.
Tap “See All” once more after returning to “Top Suggestions” or “Most Mutual Connections.” To import your Facebook friends into Instagram, click “Connect to Facebook” at the very top.
- You may want to switch to a different Google account in the “Contacts” app, or make that account the default on Android if you find that your previous one didn’t contribute very much to Instagram. If you want to know what information is being saved under your primary account, check your contacts first. Sometimes the account set as the default on an Android device isn’t the one you actually use the most, or your primary Google account may not be the one with the bulk of your contacts.
- After testing this out on Android 11, we found that we needed to navigate to “Contacts,” tap the vertical ellipsis (vertical three-dots), select “Select All,” and then either add contacts from a different account or merge existing ones.
Issues with Instagram Contacts
According to the data we have, some of your contacts might not appear on Instagram. An outdated phone number or postal address, for instance, is useless and unusable data. Any contact that hasn’t signed up for Instagram won’t show up, either.
Instagram also only recommends users you are already connected with and who also use Instagram and have any of your connected accounts’ credentials. Your Instagram search lists, including contacts’ phone numbers and emails, can be prepopulated with data from Facebook. To sum up, not all of your contacts will be visible in the list to follow.
Instagram Contacts Search Methods for All Operating Systems
- Instagram Where to Look for a Contact Information
Here’s how to meet people on Instagram when you log in from your computer:
- Select the compass in the top right corner.
- You can search for specific people you want to follow by typing their names into the “Search box” at the top of the new page.
Read More: How to Remove Snapchat Quickly in 2022?
Find People on Instagram Using Their Phone Numbers
Find out how to use a phone number to locate new Instagram friends below!
- Record a contact’s number in your phone’s address book.
- You can check your saved number by launching “Instagram” on the phone.
- Select “Profile” from the menu.
- Bringing up the menu is as simple as clicking the “hamburger icon” (the three horizontal lines.
- If you go to your profile and tap “Discover People,” you can link it to your Facebook friends or your phone’s address book.
- Select “Connect” to grant Instagram permission to access your mobile phone or social media contact information. Here you’ll also find suggested profiles to check out.
- A user’s mobile phone number is required to create an account, so if they didn’t provide one during signup, you probably won’t be able to locate them in the address book. The “Search” function should be used in such a scenario.