Learn how to uninstall programs from your MacBook, including those downloaded from the Mac App Store as well as those installed from an external source.
Remove Applications from Your Mac Book:
1. Open Launchpad
If you want to use Launchpad, you may either click its icon in the dock or navigate to its location in the Applications folder.
2. Download the App by Clicking and Holding
- To uninstall an app, just locate it using the search bar, press and hold it for a moment, and then release the mouse button.
- If you want to make the apps wiggle, you can do that by pressing the Option key (the key). For this, you’ll need to press the key down while you press the delete button. As long as the Option key is depressed, the applications will wiggle.
3 Select the Delete Option From The Menu
- The icons for deletable apps will have a trash can icon () in their upper left corners. The Delete button must be clicked.
- In the app switcher, the ones you can delete are the ones with an X in the upper right corner.
- If you try to delete something by clicking the Delete (or X) button in the upper left corner, a confirmation window will appear first. To confirm the removal, use the Delete button.
Why Am I Unable to Uninstall Programs from My Mac Book?
If you’re having trouble removing an app from Launchpad, you can always use Finder instead. Only apps purchased from the App Store can be removed from Launchpad. Consider the following options:
- Use Finder.
- Accessed the Applications directory.
- Just move the program’s icon to the trash can.
- The login credentials used to access your Mac must be entered.
- Delete Garbage.
To What Extent Does the Mac’s Finder Assist in Locating Applications?
If you can’t find the app you want in Launchpad, try looking in Finder’s Applications folder. Another option is to use Spotlight by pressing the Command key () and the space bar. If you use Spotlight to locate an application, you can then find it in the Applications folder by holding down the Command key and double-clicking on the desired program.
Does Uninstalling the App Also Terminate the Subscription?
Simply erasing the app from your device will have no effect on any subscriptions or memberships you may have had with the service. When you purchase an app from the App Store, you may be offered a subscription.
- Launch the App Store.
- Click on your username to access your account.
- Pick the “Account Settings” menu.
- Locate the Subscriptions.
- You can access your subscription details by clicking the Manage button.
- To make changes, select the edit button.
- Simply choose to cancel your subscription.
If I Have a Mac Book, How Do I Uninstall Safari?
Because it is preinstalled, Safari cannot be removed from a Macbook. Safari cannot be removed from a Mac unless the system security feature known as System Integrity Protection is disabled or a third-party app is used. Apple suggests against doing so.
How Can Google Chrome Be Removed from A Mac Book?
The Chrome app can be removed from a Mac by dragging its Dock icon to the Trash. To remove everything from the trash, right-click the Trash and choose Empty Trash from the menu.