The podcasting industry has reached new heights of insanity in recent years. This is especially true in regard to podcasts that feature music as well as sports broadcasts. Every week, there is a competition between creators to see who can snag the best guests and who can release the best content with those guests.
This competition can be seen in songs such as “Million Dollaz Worth of Game” by Gillie Da Kid and Wallo, “All the Smoke” by Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes, and “Caresha Please” by Yung Miami.
There are still guests that we would never expect to see hop on one of these podcasts, even in the midst of all these podcasts taking off and providing us with some of the best interviews we’ve heard in recent memory. This is an excellent representation of how the majority of people felt when they learned that the iconic Patti LaBelle will be a guest on N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN’s show titled “Drink Champs.”
The Grandmother of Soul only infrequently participates in interviews; therefore, it was a special delight to hear her on podcasts, from which guests typically depart acting belligerently intoxicated. She did not partake in the consumption of any hard liquor, but she did partake in the consumption of wine, and she encouraged the hosts to continue smoking their “reefer” if that was what made them feel most at ease.
Despite the fact that the interview hasn’t even been available for a full week yet, it has already garnered over 631,000 views and counting. The interview was just priceless. During the course of the chat which lasted for two hours, Ms. LaBelle shared a great deal of valuable information.
From All of The Information that She Provided, We Chose Ten Fascinating Facts that The General Public Would Have Been Less Familiar with Before Watching the Video. Enjoy!
1. When she was just starting out, a young Luther Vandross served as the President of her first fan club. He was also the one who provided her and the Bluebelles with the costumes they wore on stage. She is under the impression that he stole the garments. Lmao
2. She is always aware of what is going on in the community. She is a huge fan of Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, and the City Girls, and she has listened to and supported all of their music.
3. Big Daddy Kane and 2Pac come to her as the first hip-hop artists that she can recollect listening to. She was inspired to learn the Crip Walk after hearing Shakur’s hit song “California Love.”
4. Patti had the misconception that the singer Jazmine Sullivan despised her until the two of them recently engaged in a phone chat together. Soon, the pair want to make a recording together.
5. She has spent most of her life in Philadelphia, the city where she was born and where she currently resides. Because she dislikes the beach, swimming, and the sun, she rarely goes on vacation.
6. Despite the fact that it has been more than 15 years since she last released music, she still goes on tour for approximately 11 months out of the year.
7. Patti is quite generous with her friends when it comes to sharing her passion for cooking. She has prepared meals for a wide variety of people, such as Elton John, Nina Simone, and Prince, among others. On their travels, she brings each and every one of her utensils with her.
8. Despite the fact that they faced up against one other in a fight against Verzuz, she and Gladys Knight remain genuine best friends. Patti’s sisters were surrounded by family and friends when they went away, and LaBelle and Gladys were there to comfort them. Knight’s son passed away while they were all together.
9. She sells more than just her famous Patti’s Pies in her retail locations. She stocks her shelves with her own goods, including peach cobbler, macaroni, kale greens, cornbread, pancake mix, and syrup.
10. Aretha Franklin and Patti LaBelle made peace with one another before the singer passed away. There were persistent rumors that the two were involved in a long-running rivalry.
These speculations reached an all-time high in 2014 when it was said that Franklin ignored LaBelle during the Woman of Soul Concert that was held at the White House. After that, they discussed, over the phone, the possibility of Franklin purchasing her stuff at Walmart and of the two of them making a recording together.