In order to compete with Snapchat, which was then absolutely exploding in popularity, Instagram implemented the Stories feature in 2016. Similar to Snapchat, Stories gives users the option to publish a 24-hour-only post for other users to see before it vanishes forever.
When the function first debuted, Instagram users rushed to it, and it soon rose to prominence as one of the platform’s most popular features.
Instagram has since added a tonne of new features, one of which is the option to include music in your Instagram stories. This enables users to make their content more captivating in order to appeal to existing following and win over new ones.
Here’s how to use Instagram’s music functionality to include all of your favorite songs in your upcoming Instagram Story.
Best Practises for Adding Music to Instagram Stories
You can add music to your Instagram Story in a number of ways, and each one offers a distinct selection of music. You can add specific songs from Instagram as well as from well-known music platforms like Apple Music, Soundcloud, Spotify, and Shazam.
Finding a track – or segment of a track – that fits within that time restriction is crucial because Instagram stories can last up to 15 seconds each. Let’s look at your alternatives for finding a song that complements your story.
How to Use a Sticker to Add Music to An Instagram Story
Since the introduction of Instagram’s music feature, numerous formats for adding music to Stories have been made available. However, using the Stories sticker is the most popular.
and, to be quite honest, the simplest) way to add music to your pictures or videos.
How to Incorporate Music Into an Instagram Story
Simple steps can be followed to add a music sticker to your Instagram Story:
- Open the Instagram application.
- On your screen, click your Story icon (which resembles your profile photo).
- By swiping up to access your Camera Roll or by using the Story camera, you may upload your Story.
- Swipe up or press the sticker button at the top of the screen.
- Select “Music” on the menu.
- You can either type the song you wish to utilize into the search field or browse by mood, genre, or current music trends.
- To add a song to your Story, simply press it.
- Click Done in the top-right corner of the page to finish.
- Place your sticker where you want it on your Stories by moving it there.
- In the lower-left corner of the screen, click the “Your Story” button.
You have the choice to hear a preview of a song before adding it to your Story when choosing it. Simply click the play button to the song’s right to start listening.
Why Is Music Not Available for My Instagram Story?
Have difficulties added music to your Instagram Story? There are a number of potential causes of that bug, including:
- Your application is out of date. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app first if you can’t find the music sticker in your Stories. Sometimes all it takes to restore your ability to add music is a fast update.
- Your nation does not offer the music feature. Your nation might not be on the list of people who can access music for Stories if you reload the app and there is still no sticker. Only 60 nations now have access to the function, including the US, New Zealand, France, Australia, Great Britain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Japan, and Portugal.
You can use Clear VPN and its shortcut Unlock Instagram Music if your nation is not listed. In the event that you select that shortcut, Clear VPN will link your iPhone to an IP address in a nation where Instagram music stickers are supported.