The winner of Oprah Winfrey’s contest to rule the talk world has been crowned. In addition to Rosie O’Donnell sharing the current O magazine cover (just the third time in her career), Winfrey even memorialised the passing of the torch in stone. The Rosie Show’s new sign was introduced by Winfrey and O’Donnell on Thursday at Harpo Studios. The Oprah Winfrey Show’s former home
O’Donnell isn’t exactly a stranger, but in promoting her new daytime talk show, which premieres on OWN on October 10, she has opened out to fans more than she has in a long time.
Here Are 6 Facts About O’Donnell You Might Not Be Aware Of.
1. She attributes her return to a daytime programme to hormones. She tells Access Hollywood, “I think I had a lot more wrath than I realised, but I’ve gotten back access to my other sentiments, I’m not blocked off from my emotions anymore.” “I believe that I would not be here performing this concert without oestrogen.”
2. Russell Brand has become her new celebrity crush in place of her well-known one for Tom Cruise. “[Tom Cruise] is aware of my unwavering devotion for him and accepts it. He is aware of my transition, she tells Access Hollywood.
I googled everything Russell Brand had ever done because he captivated me. “I have been marinating in you, I knew this would happen, you are genius,” she exclaims upon meeting him.
3. Piers Morgan won’t be an upcoming guest on her show. She says, “He banned Madonna for no reason when his programme started, so I’m banning Piers Morgan!” to Access Hollywood. Although I don’t have someone on a ban list, he would be on it nonetheless.
4. She had no plans to continue working after turning 40. O’Donnell thought she should enjoy life before turning 40 because her mother passed away from breast cancer at the young age of 39. I had planned to achieve my goals and retire at 40, but guess what? At the most recent Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour, she tells journalists, “I did it.
“And after that, I returned home. I would have a mammography every year and ask, “Is it now? ” The doctor continues, “No. You are sound. Although you could reduce a little weight, you’re fine. each year. Then I said to myself, “Crap.” I may survive. Do you realise? I so needed a strategy for act two.
5. She still feels uneasy with Winfrey. She admits, “I still get anxious when she calls. They resemble “Oprah’s backstage” in terms of backstage. She has travelled here from Hawaii to introduce herself to you. There is a point when I enter and say to O’Donnell, “Get your s-t together.” Winfrey is there. Let’s go. Increase the tempo.
6. She was the school’s prom and homecoming queen. O’Donnell strikes me as somewhat of an underdog. Instead of an archetypal leading lady, she is most known for performing humorous characters, and she has never been reluctant to make fun of herself.
This presumption, according to which O’Donnell couldn’t have been a part of the popular set throughout high school, is utterly false.
She was elected senior class president, homecoming queen, and prom queen while she was a student at Commack High School in New York in the 1970s. Due to the fact that many well-known actresses and comedians have similar backstories, many of her followers have come to the conclusion that she was unpopular when she was younger.
However, O’Donnell’s future profession was foreseen by her peers since in addition to all of her other high school honours, she was also chosen as the year’s best class clown. O’Donnell went on to enjoy the ultimate class clown career, travelling for years as a stand-up comic before making several comedic appearances.