You should probably back up your Apple Watch and unpair it from your iPhone if you’re having problems, selling it, or upgrading your wearable. We’ll look at a few ways for unpairing Apple Watch if you only have your watch in the sections below as well as how to do it if your iPhone is handy.
The Apple Watch is reset to factory defaults when you unpair it from your iPhone. The watch is deleted during the process, but your iPhone creates a backup of it automatically. One of the reasons it’s crucial to keep your Apple Watch close to your iPhone while doing the following steps is because of this.
How to Disconnect an iPhone and Apple Watch
- If You Have Any Transit Cards Saved on Your Apple Watch, Apple Advises that You First Erase Them (watch App on I Phone > Wallet & Apple Pay > Transit Cards).
- Open the Watch App on Your iPhone While Keeping Your Watch and iPhone Close Together.
- Tap All Watches in The Top Left Corner After Selecting the My Watch Tab at The Bottom.
- Tap the Watch You Want to Unpair’s Circled “i.”
- At the Bottom, Select Unpair Apple Watch, Then Tap Unpair Once More.
- Choose Whether to Keep or Delete Your Cellular Plan (if You Want to Actually Cancel the Plan, You’ll Need to Phone Your Carrier).
- If prompted, Enter Your Apple Id Password.
- You’ll Get the “Start Pairing” Notice After the Unpairing Is Finished.
How to Disconnect an iPhone from An Apple Watch on A Phone
If You Intend to Sell or Give Away Your Apple Watch or If You Want to Upgrade to A Newer Watch, You May Wish to Unpair It from Your iPhone. Follow These Steps to Unpair Your Apple Watch on An iPhone.
- On the iPhone, Tap the Apple Watch App.
- At the Top of The Screen, Tap My Watch or All Watches.
- Next to Your Watch, Tap the Info I Symbol.
- Apple Watch Interface Displayed via The Watch App on An iPhone.
- Tap Apple Watch Unpair.
You Must Specify What to Do with Your Monthly Cellular Plan if You Have an Apple Watch that Supports Cellular Service. Tap Keep Plan if You Intend to Pair This Apple Watch and I IPhone Once More. Tap Remove Plan if You Want to Pair a Different Apple Watch and iPhone Pair. to Confirm, Tap.
- When Prompted, Enter Your Apple Id Password. if You Wish to Disable Functions Like Activation Lock and Find My Watch, You Must Do This.
- Unpair [Name] Apple Watch by Tapping Unpair Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Settings for The iPhone Display
- The Data on The Watch Is Backed up To Your iPhone, Thus Unpairing Takes a Little While. You Have Successfully Disconnected Your Apple Watch from Your iPhone when The Language Selection Screen Appears After a Reboot.
How to Erase/Disconnect Apple Watch without An iPhone
You Can Perform a Factory Reset on Your Apple Watch via The Wearable if You Don’t Have Access to Your iPhone (but Keep in Mind that It Won’t Be Able to Perform a New Backup). Additionally, You Should Uninstall It as Soon as You Can from The Watch App on Your iPhone.
- Log Into Your Apple Watch’s Settings.
- Click General
- Tap After Swiping to The Bottom. Reset
- Erase All Content and Settings by Tapping.
- Enter Your Passcode if One Is Required when Prompted.
- If You Have a Cellular Watch, Swipe Down and Select Erase All or Erase All & Keep Plan.
How to Unpair an iPhone and Apple Watch Using the Watch
The Apple Watch Can Also Be Unpaired Directly from The Device. While Doing so Resets the Watch to Its Factory Defaults, It Leaves the Activation Lock in Place. You Must Unpair the Watch with The iPhone as Previously Mentioned in Order to Do It.
- Without Disabling Activation Lock, Unpair the Two Watch-Attached Devices as Follows:
- To Access the Applications Screen, Press the Apple Watch Crown.
- Click the Settings Button.
- Press General.
- Tap Reset After Scrolling Down.
- Displaying Apple Watch Settings Reset Choice
- Simply Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Your Password Here. Choose Whether to Keep or Cancel Your Cellular Plan on The Watch for Cellular Models.
- Choose Erase All. by Performing This, You Reset Your Apple Watch to Its Default Settings.
- Before It Is Deleted, a Backup of Your Apple Watch Data Is Made to Your iPhone.
How to Use a New iPhone After an Upgrade
Make a Backup of The Old Phone if You Intend to Upgrade It After This Unpairing Process. the Data from Your Apple Watch Was Backed up On Your Phone when You Unpaired It from The Phone as Previously Said.
Restore the Backed-Up Data, Which Includes the Watch Data, to The New iPhone After Activating It.