Setting up automated answers will be a lifesaver for you if you frequently send and receive emails but are shortly going on vacation.
When you receive an email but are unavailable to respond to it because you are out of the office, automatic replies begin to create. This lets the sender know that you are on vacation and prevents a deluge of follow-up emails from flooding your inbox.
This tutorial is for you if you’re seeking for a simple way to configure “out of office” answers in Outlook. Setting up “out of office” answers in Outlook across several platforms is covered in the article below.
How to Configure Outlook for Out of Office on A Computer?
Setting up an “out of office” reply can be done easily in a few minutes if you send and receive emails using the web version of Outlook on a PC. All that is required is:
- Using your browser, log into your Outlook account.
- In the top right corner, click the “Gear Icon.”
- “View all Outlook settings” should be clicked.
- Choosing the “Mail” tab
- Switch “Automatic responses on” to “on.”
- Fill out the text box with your “out of office” response.
- After selecting “Save,” the window will close.
- You can select “Send replies only during a time period” at Step 5, just below “Automatic replies on.” If you just need to send “out of office” responses for a brief period of time, such as the beginning and end of your trip, this option is great.
- By turning on this option, you can avoid taking the extra step of going back into Outlook to disable automated answers.
How to Configure Outlooks out Of Office on The iPhone App?
On the App Store, Outlook has an excellent mobile app. Setting up “Out of Office” answers is simple if you manage your emails from the convenience of your iPhone.
The first steps are as follows:
- Your iPhone should now open the “Outlook” app.
- Select “Home.”
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to your Outlook account selection.
- Select “Automatic Replies” from the menu.
- To allow “out of office” replies, toggle “Automatic Replies” on.
- In the text field next to the toggle for “Automatic Replies,” enter “out of office.”
- Simply return to your Outlook account in the Outlook app whenever you are back in your office and carry out the same procedures up until Step 6 after that. To disable “out of office” replies, toggle “Automatic Replies” off.
How to Setup out Of Office in Outlook on An Android?
While using the Outlook app for Android is a terrific experience, setting up your “out of office” answers before a trip is even easier. Enable your “out of office” answers before you leave town by following these instructions:
- the “Outlook” app on your Android is launched.
- Choose “Home” from the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- the “Settings” menu.
- Select the account to configure “out of office” notifications.
- To open a new window, click “Automatic Replies” under the account’s title.
- In the box next to “Reply to everyone with,” type the “out of office” message you want to use.
- In the window’s upper right corner, click the “Check” button.
- You no longer have to be concerned about not informing your customers.
How to Configure Outlook’s Out of Office on an iPad?
You may work and manage your emails on the same iPad when you use Outlook. Additionally, you won’t need to make a special trip to work if you intend to take time off from your job. From your iPad, you may quickly put up “out of office” Outlook replies.
The first thing you must do is
- The “Outlook” app will now launch on your iPad.
- In the top left corner, tap the “Home” symbol.
- Select the “Settings” button.
- Hit the Outlook account button.
- Select “Automatic Replies” from the menu.
- To enable “out of office” replies, use the “Automatic Replies” checkbox.
- In the text box next to the toggle for “Automatic Replies,” enter your “out of office” message.
- Now, emails you receive on your iPad will be immediately replied to by your Outlook.
The way that Exchange accounts operate varies slightly from conventional Gmail and Yahoo accounts. The methods listed below will enable “out of office” answers if your Outlook account is an Exchange one.
- Start your iPad’s “Settings” app.
- “Accounts & Passwords” should be chosen.
- In order to enable out-of-office replies, select the email account.
- Select “Automatic Reply” and turn it “on” by scrolling down.
- Select an “End Date” to indicate the time at which “out of office” answers will terminate.
- In the “Away Message,” type your preferred “out of office” response.
- Choosing the “Save” button
- Quit the “Settings” application.
- Like any other email account, your Outlook’s Exchange account will send “out of office” responses.