It’s understandable that you wouldn’t want all of your information made public given that Facebook makes so much of your personal information available, including birthdays, employment details, and family updates.
It’s really simple to take more control over what Facebook users, especially those who aren’t your friends, see. Make your Facebook private by following these simple steps.
How to Make a Private Facebook Profile
Make sure all of your posts are set to only be visible to your friends in order to begin pushing your profile toward total privacy.
1. Select the drop-down arrow in the top-right corner of the Facebook screen after logging into your account. Pick “Settings & Privacy” from the drop-down menu that opens, then pick “Settings” once more. Search for and select the “Privacy” item on the left side of the Settings screen when it shows.
2. Find the area titled “Your Activity.” You may choose things like who can see your posts or the pages and people you follow from this page.
3. In the space underneath “Who can view your future posts?” Make sure you click the “Edit” option to change it from “Public” to “Friends” if it currently reads “Public” so that only people on your friend’s list can view what you write. You can take things a step further by selecting “Pals except” and adding friends who won’t be able to read any of your posts.
Alternatively, you may select “Specific friends” to limit who sees your posts. Compared to the broader “Friends,” the latter two alternatives are unquestionably more private, but they also demand a more manual setup.
4. You can even go through all of your earlier posts and “Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or Public” in the past if you want to be extra cautious. If you select this option, only your friends will be able to see all of your prior posts. Thereafter, neither friends nor non-friends (Public) will be able to view the post.
5. There is another setting for “Who can view the persons, Pages, and lists you follow” directly beneath the option in the previous step. By setting this option to “Only me,” you are taking the best feasible precaution to guarantee your privacy.
However, each of those offers just a modest amount of privacy. You can also assign it to the same set of groups in step four with Friends, Friends exclude, Specific friends, etc. The ideal option here is “Only me,” as you can be confident that no one will be able to see a significant portion of your profile that way.
Read More: FM Whatsapp Apk Download: How To Download FM Whatsapp Apk In 2022!
How to Limit Your Contact Options
It’s time to lock down your friends list the same way you did with your posts in the previous phases.
1. To begin, click “Who can see your friends list?” and make sure “Only me” is selected. Again, you have a few options here, but selecting “Only me” is the best for your piece of mind if privacy is your top concern.
2. You should manually set a few more settings here to “Friends” or “Only me.”
Read More: Omegle App: Is Omegle Safe Or Not In 2022?
- Using the email address you gave, who can search you up? Since they probably already know your email address, it’s better to choose “Friends,” but if you want complete anonymity, you can also select “Only me.”
- Using the phone number you supplied, who can find you? This is a continuation of the previous notion. The most private setting is “Only Me,” but “Pals” is probably fine because your friends presumably already know your phone number.
- “Do you want external search engines to link to your profile?” This is unquestionably a no. You don’t want Google, Bing, or other search engines to be able to find your profile.