It will only take a few moments to change your AirDrop name, but the procedure for doing so will be slightly different on each of your Apple devices. By giving your device a personalized name and changing your AirDrop name, you’ll be able to easily differentiate it from other devices.
(You could even change the name to make amusing requests from complete strangers in public places, such as “Please Send Dog Pics!”) We’ll go over how to change your AirDrop name in the following section.
The Step-By-Step Guide to Changing Your AirDrop Name on An iPhone
If You’ve Tried to Change Your iPhone’s AirDrop Name by Altering the Name of Your Device in Settings, You’ve Probably Noticed That This Does Not Affect the Name of Your AirDrop Account on The iPhone. Changing the Name of Your Device on Your Mac and IPad Is Possible, but The Name Associated with AirDrop on Your iPhone Is Tied to Your Contacts.
Therefore, if You Want to Change the Name that Appears when You Use AirDrop on An iPhone, You Will Need to Modify the Name that Appears on Your Contact Card. Here’s how To Alter the Name that Appears when You Use AirDrop on Your iPhone:
1. Launch the Phone App and Select Contacts from The Menu.
2. Tap the Contact Card at The Very Top of The Screen.
3. Tap Edit.
4. to Make Changes to The Way Your Name Is Displayed, Tap the Name Fields.
5. to Save Your Changes, Tap the Done Button.
When You AirDrop Files from Now On, You Will Notice That The Name Has Been Updated! Be Aware, However, that If You Change the Name that Appears on Your Contact Card, This Will Also Be the Name that Is Displayed if You Give Your Contact Card to Someone Who Is Not Already Familiar with You.
Sign up For Our Free Tip of The Day Newsletter if You Want to Learn More About the Features and Helpful Shortcuts Available on Your Apple Device.
How to Alter the Name of AirDrop on An IPad
Changing the Name of Your IPad’s Device Gives You the Ability to Alter the Name that Appears in AirDrop Notifications Sent from Your IPad.
It Is Important to Keep in Mind that If You Change the Name of Your IPad Device, This Will Also Change the Name that Is Displayed on Wi-Fi Networks, in Find My, and Whenever Your IPad Is Connected to Your Computer. the Following Is a Guide that Will Show You How To Change Your AirDrop Name on Your IPad:
Launch the Settings App, Then Select the General Option.
- Select About.
- Tap Name.
- Type the New AirDrop Name.
- When You AirDrop Files, You Will Now Be Able to Recognise Your IPad by Its New Name!
How Do I Change the Name that Appears in AirDrop on My Mac?
Since I Am the Owner of More than One Mac Book, Sometimes It Is Difficult to Determine Which Mac Book Air I Am Sending Files to Via AirDrop. You Are in Luck Because It Is Simple to Change the Name of Your Mac Book.
This Will Allow You to Easily Differentiate Between Devices when You Are Attempting to AirDrop a File. Changing the Name of AirDrop on Your Mac Can Be Done as Follows:
- To Open the Apple Menu, Select the Icon Located in The Top-Left Corner of The Screen.
- Click the System Preferences Menu Option.
- To Share, Click Sharing.
- Open Sharing.
- You, Will, See a Space Next to Computer Name Where You Can Give Your Mac a New Name.
- You Can Give Your Mac a New Name for the Drop Box by Clicking the Arrow Next to The Computer Name Field.
- Your Edits Will Be Saved without Your Intervention Automatically. You Are Able to Close the System Preferences Window by Clicking the Red Circle that Is Located in The Top Left Corner of The Screen.
- Your Edits Will Be Saved without Your Intervention Automatically. You Can Leave the System Preferences Window by Clicking the Red X in The Upper-Left Corner.
You Should Now Be Aware of How to Modify the Name that Is Displayed for AirDrop on Your iPhone, IPad, and Mac. It Is Important to Keep in Mind that Changing the Name You Use for AirDrop Can Also Result in Changes to The Way Your Device Is Listed in Other Places.
For Example: if You Change Your Name to “send Me Dog Pics,” This Will Be the Name of Your Device on Find My as Well as In All Other Places.
Now Might Be a Good Time to Educate Yourself on How to Modify or Update Your Admin Name on your Mac. You can also learn how to retrieve deleted text messages on your iPhone, which is a nice bonus if you’ve ever deleted a text message by accident and wished you could get it back (like I have). This is something you can do if you’re using an iPhone…