TikTok allows producers to work together on content, frequently in real-time, unlike the majority of social media sites. TikTok stands out because of its high level of engagement, however, using the app’s native video editing features can be challenging at first. We can assist if you don’t know how to sew on TikTok or even what a stitch is!
Users can combine videos using one of TikTok’s most well-liked features. You “stitch” a user’s post together with your own content to make a larger movie. It’s a fantastic technique to create a tale or simply off your artistic editing abilities.
The process of stitching videos together can seem overwhelming if you haven’t yet posted a video on TikTok. However, don’t worry; we are here to assist. This tutorial will walk you through the process of stitching on TikTok and show you how to monitor stitches.
What Is Stitching On Tik Tok?
You can join two videos together to make a single, longer video with TikTok Stitch.
For instance, if you’re making a dance video, you may piece together various movements from various performers.
You must have a public TikTok account in order to use the Stitch feature. This is so that they can Stitch with you and use a portion of your film in their own video.
You may select who is allowed to Stitch with your videos in your TikTok settings. You have the option of selecting Only Me, Mutual Followers, or Everyone.
Anyone with access to your video will be able to utilize it in their own video if you have the Stitch function enabled. Consequently, be sure to disable the Stitch feature or restrict access to Friends only if you wish to keep your files private.
Additionally, Stitch can be enabled or disabled for a specific post. Below, we’ll walk you through the procedure.
After going over the fundamentals, let’s talk about how to stitch a video on TikTok.
How to Stitch On Tik Tok?
Simply use these instructions to make a Stitch on TikTok:
- Visit the TikTok video that you intend to use for your Stitch first. On the right side of the screen, click and hold the share icon (an arrow).
- Choose Stitch from the option at the bottom of the page after that.
- The trimming interface will then appear, allowing you to select the part of the video you want to stitch.
- Tap Next after choosing your preferred clip.
- You will now see a screen with various filming options. You have the option of using the front or back camera, adding filters, and other features.
- To begin and stop recording, press the red button. When you are finished, press the checkmark.
- Before submitting your video on TikTok, you can modify it and add a caption.
- Don’t forget that not all videos have Stitch turned on. The original poster may have turned off Stitch for their video if you are unable to see the Stitch option.
Unfortunately, during stitching, you cannot upload a movie from your camera roll. The ideal option if you want to stitch a TikTok user’s video with a previously recorded video is to retrieve the original video and upload it alongside your new video.
The editing features on TikTok make this quite simple, but don’t forget to include attribution for the creator and original video in your caption!
How to Enable Stitch on TikTok?
- On TikTok, you may choose to make Stitch available for all of your posts or just specific ones.
- The first step is to tap Profile in the bottom right corner of your screen to enable Stitch for all of your TikTok material.
- To access your settings once you’re on your Profile page, press the three-line symbol in the top right corner.
- To enable Stitch for specific videos, first, choose the video from your profile that you wish to share.
- After choosing the movie, go to Privacy Settings by clicking the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- Next, determine if you want to permit other users to Stitch with your videos.
- By tapping the Stitch button prior to publishing a video, you can also modify this setting for a specific video.
- Toggle the Allow Stitch icon on the Post screen to accomplish this. then press Post.
How to View Stitches on TikTok?
- Looking for motivation and examples for stitching? Learning from other designers is the most effective method to master Stitch.
- By performing a straightforward search on TikTok, you may locate all the Stitched videos for a specific account.
- Open TikTok and select the Discover option to do this.
- Enter “#stitch @username” in the search field, replacing “username” with the name of the creator you want to see.
- To see everyone who has stitched that creator, press Enter and scroll through the results.