It’s a new world for Ethan Plath.
In a sneak peek of next week’s Welcome to Plathville, Ethan and Olivia Plath go to a strip clip to celebrate Micah Plath’s 21st birthday. And, as you might expect from the oldest sibling in a huge, sheltered family, it’s awkward.
“I can’t do this,” Ethan says as he and Micah enter.
The 24-year-old comes in after Olivia, also 24, agrees to hold his hand, an indication that the vehicle drama may be behind them.
As I entered, I was mesmerized. “Metal ceilings, so the lights dance everywhere, nude women,” Ethan says uneasily. “That’s sensory overload.”
The gang enters a private club area where women pole dance and make small chats. When asked his name, Ethan states “No name” and everyone else answers for him.
- Jo Jo Siwa’s Lover Surprised Her by Attending After Declaring She Couldn’t Make It.
- Brad Pitt Believes He Has Undiagnosed ‘facial Blindness,’ Which Explains His Aloofness.
- King’s Palace Stephanie Mc Mahon and Triple H Possess a $30m Mansion with A Pool, Sauna, and Gym.
“Is this a spaceship?” he asks moments later. Olivia loves the girls’ “body positivity”
“Think of them as normal people,” Micah encourages his brother. “It’s their job. They do it well.
Olivia claims Ethan was “like a kid in a candy store,” while he says he was “nervous and eager.”
“There was much to absorb. I was overwhelmed, he says. Growing up, my mom was concerned about us boys seeing any woman’s physical parts.
If we were in the grocery store and saw a woman pushing her cart with an inch of cleavage showing, she’d yell, ‘Eyes down! Eyes down!’ All of us would gaze down.”
Still, Micah had a good birthday.
- Kim Kardashian Snaps Selfie With Anna Wintour To Celebrate Her Hair Makeover ‘Bobbsey Twins’
- Jessa Duggar Wears Damaged Pants and Defies Dad Jim Bob’s Modest Clothing Code on Sisters’ La Trip!
- Mariska Hargitay shares a rare photo of Peter Hermann with their 3 kids on Father’s Day.
I’m living my best life, enjoying everything I can, and it’s my 21st birthday! “Go hard,” he advises, “literally.”
Later, he says, “I feel like Ethan is humiliating himself for finding these women appealing. “They’re wonderful, I’ll like it,” I said.
“This is their work, and I feel no shame or judgment in having fun with them.”
Welcome to Plathville airs Tuesdays at 10 ET on TLC.