There are several options available to you if you’ve misplaced your Social Security card.
Things like employment, loans, and government programmes or services all rely on your Social Security number.
Don’t forget to keep your credit card in a safe place.
It’s always a good idea to have a physical copy of your SSN on hand, even if you don’t need it all the time.
Replacement of a child’s lost ID card
Social Security card replacement online
In some cases, you may be able to get a replacement card through your My Social Security account.
In order to be eligible for a replacement, you must meet the following requirements.
You have reached the age of majority.
- a citizen of the United States
- Have a place to send mail
- Doing nothing to alter your card’s name or any other information.
- You must have a valid driver’s licence from one of the participating states.
This service is not available in the following states and territories:
- a state in the northeast
- The Mountain State
- America’s Samoa
- Islands of the Northern Marianas
- Island of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- The territory of the United States Virgin Islands
To get a new Social Security card online, here are the steps.
To get a new ID card, you’ll need proof of your identity.
- For citizenship or age verification, a birth certificate or passport
- Birth certificate from the hospital or a religious institution
- A driver’s licence, state-issued ID card, a passport, employee ID card, school ID card, military ID card, or a healthcare card for identification purposes
Replacement Social Security cards can be obtained in a variety of ways.
Many states and territories still do not allow applicants to submit their applications online, so not everyone can.
Alternatively, you can print out an application and bring it to your local Social Security Administration office with all the necessary documentation.
It takes ten to fourteen business days for you to get your card once it’s been processed.
To expedite the processing of your application, you should apply online.