Rocket League is a vehicular soccer video game developed and published by Psyonix. In July 2015, the game was the first release for PS4, Microsoft Windows with ports for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One released later. 505 Games began distributing a physical retail version in June 2016, for Xbox One, and PS4. By the end of 2017, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment taking over those duties. In 2016 versions for Linux and macOS were also released, but their online services were dropped in 2020. In September 2020, the game went free-to-play.
In this game, there are two teams with eight players on each team. Rocket-powered vehicles are used to hit the ball into their opponent’s goal and score points. There are single-player and multiplayer modes and can be played both locally and online, including cross-platform play between all versions. Later updates for the game enabled the ability to added new game modes and to modify core rules.
This game was released on the Epic Game Store, and since then it was free-to-play. This version will be similar to its previous update but will also have a cross-play with all platforms. The game cannot be download on Steam. Those who have already bought the game on Steam will get updates and fixes regularly.
Rocket League Cross-platform play –
This game has been one of the top games in supporting cross-platform play between personal computers and consoles. According to Psyonix’s vice president of publishing, this helps establish avoid the snowball effect and a stable player base.
A guide on how to cross-play in Rocket League –
- In Rocket League, go to the main menu.
- Choose Options.
- Gameplay tab to be opened.
- Check cross-platform play box is active or not.
Rocket League cross-play limitations –
- This game fully supports cross-play, but there are some differences between some consoles. The Hogsticker and Armadillo vehicles are exclusive to Xbox One, while the Sweet Tooth is exclusive to PS4. PC players will see Hogsticker and Armadillo as the Octane and Sweet Tooth as the Merc.
- The voice chat and typed chat doesn’t work.
- Between platforms, items cannot be traded or send. On the same platform, trade can happen.